New Scag TT w/ 35hp Briggs Just Delivered

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PsRumors, Aug 8, 2005.

1. PsRumors

PsRumors LawnSite Member

Well, I took the plunge and bought a Scag TT w/ the 35hp Briggs. I was after a 72" but the dealer had a 61" sitting on the floor and made me what I think to be a very good deal. It was $10151 out the door including hauling it to my home 40 miles from there store.

I will be upgrading it to a 72" deck as soon as the new deck comes in. Believe it or not I will still have saved over $1500 doing it this way as compared to having a 72" ordered. And I will have the 61" deck to sell on Ebay which may save me some more.

I have put about 30 minutes on the mower and seems to be quite awesome. There seems to be way more than enough power, the cut is excellent and with the suspension seat the ride aint too bad.

I will post pics later.
  2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Just make sure a 72" deck will fit within the wheelbase.

I know on a Lazer this isn't possible.

I test drove a Lazer with the 31hp Briggs, so yeah, they do have some grunt don't they!
  3. PsRumors

PsRumors LawnSite Member

Yeah, I have run through all the part numbers and it will fit. I have to replace the caster mounts to extend the wheelbase but that is it. Everything else is a unbolt and bolt with the exception of the blades and rear antiscalp roller.
  4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Thats right, I forgot about SCAGS removable caster arms.

How about your rear track width?

Will that need to be widened?
  5. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

You will love that mower. I have one also, has over 150 hrs so far and been great. Tons of power and speed.
  6. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

2 29 DFIs get it done for me. :)
  7. shortgut

shortgut LawnSite Member

what did they sell the extra deck to you for ? and what are you going to be asking for it PM me Thanks Tony J