New Scag Turf Tiger arrived! Wahoo!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by watson524, May 12, 2010.

1. watson524

watson524 LawnSite Member

Wahoo! Just got my new Turf Tiger 61" 35hp Vanguard delivered...

Too bad it's wet and soggy here in NE PA. I did actually got two swipes with it to confirm PTO and all was ok before I signed the paperwork and let me tell you, that thing throws grass! I had a 2001 Turf Tiger with a 61" deck before but it was the Advantage deck with the smaller opening.

Now if it would just dry out so I can take it on the hills and really test the 10 extra horses.

2. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrads! You made the right purchase. You have many care free years of mowing ahead of you. You'll love the velocity plus deck compared to the advantage. There just ain't no comparison on how much debree these mowers move. Also the cut is awsome. Did you get the Stripe Kit? If not that would be my next purchase. My 29 dfi lays some great stripes.

3. watson524

Nope, didn't get the stripe kit. Given that I'm mowing what used to be pasture that's now "lawn" I don't get too picky over it. I like to make it look nice, but not worried about THAT nice. Plus, with the acerage spread out and all, not sure how much you'd even see it.

4. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh o.k. well you still made the best decision in my book.

5. tstutz

tstutz LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

post some pics when you get it going!

6. watson524

Yeah meant to take some when it was in my garage before I took it up to the barn.... Will take some pics maybe tomorrow afternoon when I get back home from work.

Good early birthday present for me! My husband laughs that I'm happy as a clam to get a new lawn mower for my birthday.

I don't like bumper stickers but I'm considering getting a small magnetic sign made up for the hitch area that says "Grass Bit@h".

7. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

This thread is worthless without pictures.

8. watson524

I can't get a good front on picture because of the light coming in the door but here are some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. M.A.Landscaping

M.A.Landscaping LawnSite Member

i like it! really nice machine!

10. ryno23

ryno23 LawnSite Member

what does this cost out the door?