*New* Scag Walk Behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by nineunder, Mar 5, 2013.

1. nineunder

nineunder LawnSite Member

I've read a couple threads on here regarding the new Scag walk behind, and figured I would help build some excitement. I won't share too much, as more details will be out in the coming weeks, however, I do think you guys will be impressed with this machine. The biggest new attribute is an amazing control system that is honestly the simplest and most intuitive system out. This thing lays down some beautiful stripes as to be expected, with a modified baffle system on the freedom deck, and comes in at a lower price point than you might think. See attached and be on the look for these in showrooms near you soon. :usflag:

photo (2).jpg

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  2. hi_speedreed

hi_speedreed LawnSite Senior Member

doesn't look any different than the Exmark ECS and if it's not going to have the Velocity deck, what's the big deal?

3. IXINRGIXI

IXINRGIXI LawnSite Senior Member

Im very excited to see what scag is going to bring to the table. also, I too have heard that the control are similar in a way to the exmark ECS control. And lastly why the heck would they drop the velocity plus deck from the walk-behind line of mowers?

4. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Controls look great!!! But I will be very disapointed if it doesnt come with a Velocity deck....
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

The deck height adjustment looks very fragile:waving:

6. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

It looks cheaply built to me. It also looks similar to the walk behinds they built 12 years ago, pre advantage deck, just without the pistol grips.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. KV9064

KV9064 LawnSite Member

the mower deck looks cheap, No Velocity deck??? thats crazy, I guess I will go with Hustler or Snapper Pro

8. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I have that same deck on my scag WB, the original and actually prefer it to the newer models. I also like how it is short. I was really getting tired of how long WBs were becoming. Looks kinda cheap but we will see
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. motormouse

motormouse LawnSite Member
    from nj

Not impressed

10. thelawnman

thelawnman LawnSite Senior Member

I think my pro v is nice then that. Looks like its build cheap.