*New* Scag Walk Behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by nineunder, Mar 5, 2013.

1. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Last week my rep said he would have a pre production model to show in about a month. Based on when I saw the vride and cheetah preproduction models I wouldnt expect anything to be retailed until late fall.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Sharps_lawn&landscaping

Sharps_lawn&landscaping LawnSite Member
    from TN

Scag already over builds their products so I doubt it will fall apart. The deck will have greaseless spindles just like everyone else is doing. It is more like an their entry mower but ill be interested in maybe buying one for smaller yards.

3. KV9064

KV9064 LawnSite Member

has anyone heard anymore about these new Scags

4. Sharps_lawn&landscaping

from TN

I got to demo the new scag walk behind for a day about a week ago when the scag rep came I . It's very similar to the ex mark. Guys that like ex mark will love it. Very we'll built for price point. I'm honestly a fan of v ride controls alot more than the pistol style even on the new mower. I run scag turf tigers, v rides , and all toro walk behind hydrostatic with the t2 controls. If they would have gave the option for v ride controls I would have been sold on it .its just like an ex mark

5. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

What's the price tag gonna look like on the new Scag?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Sharps_lawn&landscaping

from TN

I was told around 4600 to 4800 . Probably be about a month or less before they come out. It cut really good and the height adjustment was very easy . Same as the vride set up.

7. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

This new machine doesn't have separate hydros? If not that is kinda scary, just depends how long it lasts.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. ryanc

ryanc LawnSite Member

i have a scag 48 & 36 walk behind with advamtage decks. What are the diffrences between the velocity and advantage decks?

9. Sharps_lawn&landscaping

from TN

It has the new transaxle hydrostatic that most people are going too. I really Don't know much about it.

10. BJWLAWNCARE

BJWLAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

The pro-v has been taken off the scag website.