*New* Scag Walk Behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by nineunder, Mar 5, 2013.

1. dathorpe

dathorpe LawnSite Senior Member

What does scag have against anti-scalp wheels? They need rear anti-scalp on the Cheetah and I might be interested in this machine but... THROW SOME FRICKIN' ANTI SCALPS ON IT!!! Jeez...

2. Johnagain

Johnagain LawnSite Senior Member

3. dathorpe

This WB doesn't have the velocity plus, it has the freedom. My TT's have nine anti-scalps. Seven on the Cheetah... missing the two rear outside anti-scalps. I've demoed the Cheetah and one of the reasons I didn't buy it was because it scalped at the rear corners.

I'm in the market for a new walk behind and I'd be more interested in this Scag IF... it had the velocity plus and IF it had some anti-scalps.

4. KV9064

KV9064 LawnSite Member

called the nearest dealer Friday the 17th and he hasnt seen one yet and didnt know anything details on this mower yet. This mower should have been out months ago!!!

5. KnK

KnK LawnSite Member

think scag might of realized the limited market with a walkbehind that has a homeowner deck on it ????? who they selling that to?

6. Sharps_lawn&landscaping

Sharps_lawn&landscaping LawnSite Member
    from TN

It's built like other brand commercial decks in my opinion but they should have put their velocity deck on it . Nothing homeowner about it . I got to demo the first one here in tn

7. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

My rep has one and asked when I would want to run it. After memorial day I'm taking it for a day.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. KV9064

KV9064 LawnSite Member

anybody get a chance to take more pictures, I'd love to see some

9. dathorpe

Of course you realize we'll need a full write up / review with pics.

10. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

The rep texted me some but I should have some pics next week.
    Posted via Mobile Device