*New* Scag Walk Behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by nineunder, Mar 5, 2013.

1. IXINRGIXI

IXINRGIXI LawnSite Senior Member

Me and my boss want to see a 52" and 61" velocity on thw mower.

2. lonestarniner

lonestarniner LawnSite Member

3. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

How do they stripe? With and without a roller or stripe kit.

4. IXINRGIXI

IXINRGIXI LawnSite Senior Member

Super disappointed they put a 2700 series hydro gear transaxle ... that's like homeowner grade...

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Interesting. Not sure about the notched ground speed control. I like the TTHP I have which is a smooth transition without notches. Also, the speed control does not look very well located for shifting on the fly. I have enough troubles trying to work the speed control while steering on my TTHP, looks like it could be more tricky with this Scag.

6. MasterTech

MasterTech LawnSite Member

Bought a new scag swzt 52" a week a go and i really love it. Ive used tons of exmark mowers,(riders,tt's ) ferris,mtd, bobcat etc I actually like this mower more than all of them for different reasons. No1 - its almost impossible to create a divot in the lawn because of how the wheels/hydro system works together. Exmarks and that u almost cant help but make a divot with how they turn, especially with a 60" rider, its almost a joke as to how easy u can make a divot, even with a 3pt turn. No-2. Never pulled out a blower yet to blow wind rows of grass clippings or clumps and have mowed fields waist high No-3. Deck adjustment is simply the easiest and best there is out there. No4 - less than 6k out the door. No-5 . So easy to clean out the top of the deck. Fuel gauge is pretty nice and mows pretty nice lines. I actually think i will buy Another one of these newer scags before i buy a turf tracer. Biggest negative is having to squeeze too hard to get it into reverse and is slow backingup. U guys can go double cut and blow grass clippings around with other mower brands while my a$$ is moving on to the next job lol. Seriously tho, ive mowed 15years and think this is the best all around mowers i have ever used. I would try one out for real. You will love it. Scag, just send me a damn sulky for the review... Too much to ask for come on haha.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Kinda funny we have a 36" unit about 15 years old that we retired this year and only complaint is that reverse was to slow. I I'll bet that,52" is a load to handle.we had 48"belt drive and hated it

ericg likes this.
  8. MasterTech

MasterTech LawnSite Member

No
    Now that you mentioned it, i did think the reverse was really slow as well :) . Allbelt drives are horrible unless you have flat lawns, 52" hydro is easy to handle because of thy hydro. Did a really steep huge hilly lawn yesterday and was impressed with how well it hugged around the pine trees going down a steep slope. Then i went to go backwards and stepped in a huge hole and i rolled one way and mower took off into a tree lol. Why im putting my new sulky on tomorrow morning lol.