New Scag walkbehind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by regl, Jan 7, 2008.

1. regl

regl LawnSite Member

Just saw an ad in a magazine, for a new Scag walk-behind called PRO V that has controls you don't have to squeeze. It's also on Scag's website. Has anyone tried one out.
  2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Very Interesting. I would love to demo one as I dont really undersand how it works. BOBCAT also has "Z" controls on a walk behind, it looks pretty neat aswell.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We heard earlier on lawnsite that the price for 36" was $5600....hope that was wrong. Sure wish they had put an electric start on that unit.
  4. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

My dealer said he was getting them in the last of January. They are a complete redesign from the old walk-behinds. I have seen the pics on the website and how the controls work. It looks like its going to be a easy machine to operate with little to no operator fatique. I heard the price is right there with the Exmark turf Tracer walks. They are pretty excited about this mower dealer said he has alot of interst in it if it runs like they say it does he is planning on selling quite a few.
  5. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I really like the looks of it. Besides the new controls, a deck height adjustment, Velocity Plus deck, and on the 52" a 23hp Kawasaki is available. Plus they come with 7.4mph ground speeds (along with their old hydro walk behinds), which in todays world where I would guess most guys running walk behinds use some sort of sulky. When the decks can cut at 8+mph but the machine only goes 5-6mph, to me that's productivity that goes unused. I'd also like to know what the costs will be on these machines.

6. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

One drawback I see is they still don't put Donaldson air filters on there walk behinds. Also, wonder how hard its gonna be to get machine up curbs or to lift front end up with that setup.
  7. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I wonder if the controls allow for a true zero turn or the ability to counter rotate the rear tires.
  8. leaflawnandlimb

leaflawnandlimb LawnSite Member

You can zero turn with it. 23 hp 52" promo 6999. curb hopping is better in reverse.
  9. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

I can't stand it the controls are to squirrley.
  10. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

called my dealer today about them. he wont have them in for a couple weeks yet. i am very excited to see this