New scag

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ken6224, Nov 9, 2006.

1. ken6224

ken6224 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

Any thoughts on the scag freedom Z ?
  2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that the new Scag homeowner mower? I have a Scag Turf Tiger and Tiger Cub and they are both great machines.
  3. Lawnsmithcare

Lawnsmithcare LawnSite Senior Member

When is it coming out and what does it look like?
  4. ken6224

ken6224 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

It looks real good I saw one at my scag dealer today.
    The one I saw was a 48" with a 27 hp BSES motor. I may be wrong on the deck size. Didn't look at it long.
  5. ken6224

ken6224 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

I'm Looking at a tiger cub and a swu
  6. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

I know this is kind of old but if anyone is interested the pics are on scags website now, I like the fact that these commercial ztr companies are trying to hit the residential customers but I don't think it really helps them or us. It doesnt help the companies because these aren't built like a commercial grade machine. I realize they aren't trying to make it one but now when these machines start breaking down sooner it makes there product look bad when they make great commercial products. I am not just talking about Scag but all the big companies Exmark, Grasshopper, Dixie Chopper, etc. It also hurts us because now customers start finding out the price of a "cheaper mower" and want to know why we charge that much. They don't realize we bought the true ztr and not a "cheaper mower." Plus they dont realize that we dont drive our ztrs to the site we have to pull them on a trailer. They forget the others costs and don't find out the kind of money we payed for our commercial machines. Just my .02.
  7. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Not for commercial use. THats my thoughts.
  8. Lawnsmithcare

Lawnsmithcare LawnSite Senior Member

Well where i work we just started selling scag so I can see if i can get anymore info on them.
  9. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

exactly..but this is becoming the main target of the top commercial companies. in the end, it will hurt the companies, as well as the everyday i guess we'll have to see:hammerhead:
  10. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

And when you need to get your machine serviced you have homeowners having to get theres done also which mean you wait longer and time is money