New Scag

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnsmithcare, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Lawnsmithcare

Lawnsmithcare LawnSite Senior Member

2. Ted Bell

Ted Bell LawnSite Member

If nothing else I'd like to see some pricing data to see how it compares with the Hustler Fastrak.

3. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I heard the Scag rep talking about the unit to a dealer. He said that it is designed to go after the market that Hustler has taken away from them in the area. Hustler has been kicking some major rear over here. It is also to get the homeowner to purchase some as well, notice the Briggs engines. I don't know how it would hold up for landscaper use. Time will tell.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

It uses the IZT8000's like exmark, hustler and some others use.

5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

It would appear to be a mower designed for home owner use. I notice it has a 3 year home owner warranty and only a 1 year commercial use warranty.

Would guess the pricing to be in the $4200-$6500 range from looking at some of the features of the mower.

6. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Definitely a homeowner mower. I will ask my dealer next week when I am in there if he knows anything.

7. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Home owner design,tommorow i will call and get a price he said they are putting cheap spindles on these.

8. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I think my dealer said they should be around $5000 and are made for homeowner use.

9. Lawnsmithcare

Lawnsmithcare LawnSite Senior Member

Cool thanks guys.

That seems like alot of money for something homeowner I work at a Cub dealer and we have models that are the same and they are like 3,000 but I don't I just fix them.

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

It has the old style deck. i think with a slow blade speed and a 89lb clutch