New Scags

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chris638, Oct 10, 2007.

1. chris638

chris638 LawnSite Member

Has anybody seen the new scag wb that is coming out next year. Full floating deck. Skin sensitive safety bar. Transport deck position like the z's. Completely different steering system. They are about the sweetest wb I've ever seen. Little expensive. About $6,000 for a 48"
  2. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

Where did you hear/see this? I contacted Scag and told them the only reason we were not 100% Scag was because of the pistol grips. I was told to keep watching the website. Matt
  3. DCE

DCE LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, the Pro-V is pretty neat. I saw the brochure for it. Steering system is kind of like the Hustler H-Bar where you turn the handlebar in the direction you want to go. Press down on it for infinitely variable forward speed [forward speed set with a dedicated lever], lift up for reverse...let go entirely and it defaults to neutral. Full floating deck. It should replace the SWZU next year is what I was told. It looks kind of different from the other mowers out there.
  4. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

damn must be like the ferris dd with skin sentive grips hope scag conts making the swzu rapid change deck i have had 2 and love this style walk
  5. chris638

chris638 LawnSite Member

I saw the brochure for them at the dealer. The dealer got to demo one and he said they are too nice. We just bought new mowers this year, but if I hadn't this one would be first on my list.
  6. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

sounds like an awesome mower and keep us updated, I would love to see a pic of get info of them. The reason why I went from scag to husqvarna was because of the husqvarna's had hand-held deck lift and ztr style controls. If scag has these on there mowers then I will definetly be getting one.:usflag:
  7. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Sound like a very nice mower
  8. DCE

Here it is:

Pro V.jpg
  9. DCE

Controls of the Pro V:

Pro V controls.jpg