new scape finaly done

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by chefdrp, Jun 8, 2005.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

I finished up the landscape that i had posted pics for. The homeowner decided he didnt want yews so i had to get emerald arbs for him. I had to do it from scratch so this was the first tolal landscape i have done. He had a new deck put on and wanted some plantings. This took me around 10 hrs to complete. Thanks for you guys that put some input. to it.

Picture 280.jpg

Picture 281.jpg

Picture 282.jpg

Picture 283.jpg

Picture 284.jpg
  2. BigChaz

BigChaz LawnSite Member

Really nice job there. I love the way you put the two tall trees on each side of the steps
  3. mole

mole LawnSite Member

Great job darrin.
  4. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

Darrin that looks really great. Keep on gettin it and keep up the good installs and you will notice that word of mouth and people seeing the work you do will go a long way and keep you pretty busy for now on.
  5. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

By the way what did you charge for that job???
  6. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

little over 2 grand. 700 in plants and material
  7. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

looks good.....
  8. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

looks good.

one word of advise though. in the future i would really try and put the material further away from the decks/houses, etc....

for most shrubs you should have at least 3 feet clearance when planting. it's hard to do and looks funny when installed, but it will let the plants grow into the area and not cuase them to be crowded up against the decks etc...

that is probably the biggest mistake i see in landscapes that are 5-6 years old. shruppery overgrown for the area they are in. Doing a tearout and redo next week that the customer said " it looked great 6 years ago when it was planted" but now is a mess.
  9. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with Yardpro the Arb's are too close to the deck,other than that you did ok.
  10. PrimeScapes

PrimeScapes LawnSite Member

Looks nice.. Is there a space between the rear of the beds and the vertical supports for the deck? After a hard rain and the mulch settling/washing I might be concerned about mulch around the deck holding moisture and speeding up the decomposition process of the vertical supports/lattice work. Overall looks real nice. :)