New Search Page for Lawnsite Members

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric ELM, Jan 10, 2001.

1. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I have put together a new search page for Lawnsite Members to help them find posts of the past we have done. I figured this would help out new members and old to find a topic they are interested in.

I tried to put in all the major Lawn Mower Companies, but I may have missed a few. Please post on this thread if I missed some or made any mistakes. If there are other subjects that you think should be on this page, please let me know.

If you have a subject that you would like added, please include the link to the search in your post, which will help me in this little project.

There were so many threads on Double Blades, I made two search links for it, just so you will know I didn't studer. :) I am already thinking of things I forgot to put there, but our suggestions are welcome. If anyone wants to save this page for easy access, just save it in your favorites.

I have included the link to this page on my signiture, but you can always get to it by going to my website, click on the Links page and then the Lawnsite Page. I hope this helps. Click the lower right part of my signiture to get there, or here.

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Being as I type by hunt-n-peck and am not computer savy, I can only imagine that such a task as you have compiled takes numerous hours. Thank you for your effort. I was wondering if at some point in the future if it might be possible to incorporate a pricing area for those of us continually checking our bottom line to compare with. I have posted figures that we shot for and figures that we are able to obtain. Maybe this type of area could cut back on alot of new "repeat" threads as well.

Just my .02 + Thanks for reading.
    Kris

3. Eric ELM

I got the pricing added and also trimmers. Any more?

4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

With so many of us calculating by square footage for services, maybe we could incorporate this into the post for pricing.

It's a pretty easy calculator to use for calculating say topsoil or mulches and it also has one for determining square footage with an option for cost per sf. to see what you could charge.

http://gardening.sierrahome.com/tools/landcalc/

Just another thought,I wont bother u no mo' -- LOL
    Kris

5. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

That's funny. The guy who can't type & doesn't know about computers is the one with the smoke pouring out of his keyboard that is begging for mercy ;)

Thanks for your efforts Eric!

6. Eric ELM

I noticed another question on tow aerators, so I went and add that link, bidding,cemetary bidding, workers comp, grinders, getting workers, ect. Anyway, there are a lot more listed on the search page I did.

Are any of you new members or other members finding this useful? Are there any other items you think should be listed? Thanks

Eric

7. moonarrow

moonarrow LawnSite Member

Eric the new page is great, it sure helps dummies like me we appreciat all the hard work you have put into it

8. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I like it! Lots of good info w/lots less clicking.
    This forum is so much more than any pro-org I ever sent money to.
    I cant even grasp the value of lawnsite yet, much less put it in words.
    I just keep coming back, make comment, ask questions, but mostly read, read, read, read,........
    Now you've made it easier/faster!
    Quantum shift in the collective learning curve!
    THANKS EVERYONE for all the work and care creates this phenom! It is genuinely appreciated!

9. Eric ELM

Since I am getting some positive feedback, I have added more subjects and have a total of 48 now. I keep thinking of more and will add them as I think of them.

I'm glad this is helping some of you out and let me know of other topics that you think should be there.
    Thanks
    Eric

10. Stonewall

Stonewall LawnSite Senior Member

Eric,

Great idea!

How about putting a link to the new search page up in the top right corner with the "posting guidelines" etc?

Thanks for all your work.