1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Season around the corner

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Holloway Lawns, Feb 9, 2002.

1. Holloway Lawns

Holloway Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have not been on Lawn Site all winter and now I am back. Just want to say hi and let's get ready for a new season. Please share any tips, ideas, and all for the new season.
  2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

wow im not even thinking of that yet, im still in snow mode. anyway welcome back to lawnsite, why did u leave may i ask? anyhow when the time does come ill be ready and looking forward to the new season!
  3. Holloway Lawns

Here in my area of Texas it does not snow much but is icy. I only do lawn work in summer months. I am also a Private Investigator and work for the state as well.

I just got back into lawn work last summer after being out of it since 95 and am building my customer list and getting the equptment I need.

This year I hope to be able to get a 48" walk behind and a trailer. All I have right now is 21" mowers and load them in the truck bed. So I am looking forward to this year and know I can get these new toy's.
  4. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Roger, I'm looking forward to it as well, even though I've been going year-round here, LOL. I hope to pick up some more residences this year. Good idea for the WB, but wouldn't it be better, since you're upgrading you 21's, to get a 36" WB, so you can still fit through some gates? It'll do what the 48" will do plus I think it'll give you a little more versatility. Then when you need a bigger one, get a Z ;).

Wichita Falls is up by the north, isn't it? Do you do any work in OK, too?
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

It's Feb. now and I'm getting a little tired of this vacation. I'm ready as well. I'm doing a home and garden show this weekend and the results seem to be pretty good.
  6. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

I can't wait for the 100 degree weather here in Texas!!!!!!!
    ha ha not. But thank god spring is here.

7. Holloway Lawns

I am about 20 miles from OK but do not do any lawn work there. I have had to go into OK for investigative work though.

No im not looking forward to those 100 degree days eaither.