New Seat

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jondaniels, Jul 12, 2008.

1. jondaniels

jondaniels LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I have a 52" super mini z with a Honda engine. My Suspension seat is worn out and I would like to replace just the seat part and not the the suspension mechanism is this possible. I don't want to pay 300 for a new seat. Has anyone found a good replacement. Thanks.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

What color is your seat? gray? you can buy the parts separately.
    Let me know.

Pj

3. jondaniels

from Florida

sorry i have not got back with you. I have been having some issues with the mower since then. The seat is black.

on a seprate issue, how many owners have replaced a engine on their machine. I have a super mini Z with a 52" deck. its about 6 years old with 800hrs. I replaced 1 wheel motor and the other might be replaced depending on what the dealer tells me about the engine oil leak. I think the honda might be on its way out. I hope the hydro pumps are still working properly and will not need replacing.

My commercial cutting days are pretty much over. I still take care of a few lawns every week, but only one full day of work. I will need the mower to do family and my yard but i don't want to continue to pour money into the machine and a new one is between 5 and 8k depending on which way I go. If the honda kicks the bucket i found replacements onthe internet for about 1600. Has anyone replaced their engine with good results. As long as nothing catastrophic happens the mower should continue with only light duty work right?

Thanks for any suggestions

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

If your seat is black it is a Milsco seat, what parts are you wanting, I can get you the part #'s.

Where is your Honda leaking and why? A oil leak generally doesn't mean a new engine, unless it all leaked out and there was a seizure or connecting rod failure.

Pj

5. jondaniels

from Florida

I am getting some blow by around the piston. Its hard to tell how much right now its kinda dirty. I am having the dealer check it out, I don't think they will do much regarding it. I am just trying to get an idea of how long I have. Its had nothing but mobile 1 fully synthetic since i brought it home. Maybe its just telling me it needs an oil change. I will keep you posted as to what it needs. Its been a great mower other than this. Been very impressed with it.

Thanks.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I would ask for a cylinder leak down test to be done on both cylinders of that engine to verify its piston blow by.

Pj