New Seeding + Soil Prep

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by bowerj, Jul 10, 2005.

1. bowerj

bowerj LawnSite Member
    from OH

We are really starting to do alot of soil prep & seeding jobs. Currently using
    Land Pride reverse tiller, ATI 725 Preseeder, Rock Hound, and Land Pride Seeder. I will probably add a hydroseeder soon. My question is what is everyones methods of this type of work. What equipment do you use and what do you have it runing on...ssl or compact tractor? There are so many tools and options nowadays that its hard to make a 100% sure decision. I would like to be as efficient as possible;the less people needed for the operation the better. Also I am really interested in either a rotadairon or blecavator. Has anyone demoed or own these? thanks
  2. freddyc

freddyc LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering that myself.

Recently, I was considering buying a lesco or ryan rennovator as a stand alone unit but don't know how well they work or if they're worth the money.
  3. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Anything that will till, clean and level in one pass would be the ticket. Harley rake has a nice unit. The tilling is OK but it can leave you with alot of finish work.

Mini track loader with a Harley rake attachment would be a one man operation.
  4. dforbes

dforbes LawnSite Member

here are some pictures of what I use. I built it myself, it will grade, level, pulverize and makes a great seed bed. It will turn even clay soils to powder. It is no problem to get 3 to 4 inches of good loose soil if you want to. It works going both frontward and backwards so it works well when blending 2 yards together.