1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New service advice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by copperuger, Feb 18, 2002.

1. copperuger

copperuger LawnSite Member

I am starting a new Lawn Service in the Atlanta area. I am looking for any good ideas on how to get our company name out there! Also any advice for someone relatively new in the business.
  2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Welcome to LawnSite.com

Please use LawnSite.com's <a href =http://www.lawnsite.com/search.php>Search</a> feature. You can sift through thousands of past discussions that will answer your question many, many times over.
  3. CS Lawns

CS Lawns LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

This will be my second year at it. Flyers and newspaper adds worked good at first from there it was all word of mouth. Do a good job and they will tell everyone they know. Worked great for me this season my accounts doubled
  4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

ditto what cs said about flyers and word of mouth. also ditto what chuck said, search feature is great here!
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

You can spend days on here just reading info. Its amazing the amount of info on this site.
  6. jjfehr

jjfehr LawnSite Member

If you want people to see the search button, you should make it stand out. There are tons of griphic links on this site, nothing wrong with that, but, the search button gets lost in the mix. By the way, my screen is at 800x600 and half of the search button isn't even on my screen.

It is good to revive old topics! Example of thread......... Best 36" walk behind....... Well the search might cover that in 2000 but not the spring of 2002! People have new opimions, and manufac. have new equipment!
  7. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Get a good program like Microsoft Publisher and make a nice flyer, target the area you want and get ta puttin them out.
  8. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Im on 800x600 also... 19" monitor, everything fits perfectly.

Anyone else having this problem?

What size monitor do you have? What browser are you using?

9. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm on 1024x768 on a 15'' and it's fine