New Service Idea

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Frontier-Lawn, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i have a idea for a new service to offer high end clients. if they have a dinner party and need a touch up for the evening/nite. but what would i charge?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

what do you mean by touch up? Like a quick maintenance of the lawn/landscaping?

3. Frontier-Lawn

edge, trim if needed, blow off the drive/walk ways. tidy up the landscape planting removal any trash from the planters.

4. tiedeman

from earth

it couldn't hurt to try. It's not like you need any new equipment, just maybe a flexible schedule for these last minute callers. Of course you would put in a nice "last minute" charge in there though

5. Frontier-Lawn

6. tiedeman

from earth

that is true :)

7. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

Thats not a bad idea but if you are time strapped, it could be dangerous. Dont want to piss off the others when you dont make it on time because you were off at another place doing a special touch up job. I think if you are time strapped, you would have to charge plenty of dinero to even contemplate this idea. Just my 2 cents.

8. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

ICC you amaze me! I get a chuckle out of all your ideas. How would you market this service? If they are "rich" wouldn't their yards already be well manicured?

9. Frontier-Lawn

ok, say i do there lawn on a monday and they have a dinner party on friday or sat and need a touch up---- and besides its just a idea

10. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

That's usually when they just call me up and ask if I can show up on a time other than their regular schedule. Some of the cheapest people I work for have more money than they could spend in a life time. They would rather throw away money on tangible items like a $5000 purse or $8000 shoes. But that's just my experience and doesn't hold true for all rich people.