New setup advice

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by ky-lawn-guy, Jan 21, 2010.

1. AllSeasonServices

AllSeasonServices LawnSite Member

This is my first year doing fert apps aswell. I kinda went over board but Ive got a great setup.
    1) ive got a ram 3500 with an 8 foot bed.
    2) I bought a three tank sprayer from turbo turf $5500
    200 gal main tank w/ 2 50 gal mixing tanks and 2x 300' hose reels (1 power, 1 manual). This is awesome because I can spray multiple things at one site or change for different sites. I figured for the price the versatility was worth the extra cost.
    I specifically got the compact frame where the pump, tanks, and reels are all mounted on top of the main tank. The reels hang off the side a little but its ok.
    3) I bought (my friend made it for me) a spreader mount that slides into my class V hitch. major space saver, i dont have to empty it if there is some left and much less lifting.
    Because of the compact spray rig frame and the spreader mount I can still fit 20 to 25 50lb bags of fert in the truck.
    4) 2 large rubber made containers. one for my 2 hand held sprayers. one for my liquid product. I keep them in the back seat. I hate keeping this stuff in the cab btu in the containers its not so bad. But I never keep granular in the cab...EVER. makes the truck smell like SH!%
    I modeled it after the unit I was using for my former employer. I know its a bit much but Its very versatile and It will grow with my company.
  2. MatesonG

MatesonG LawnSite Member
    from TX

where can i find this setup?