new shindaiwa blower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevesmowing, Jan 24, 2005.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I was searching though and found a post talking about a new shindaiwa 700. Does anyone else have any info on this? I have a 630 now and love it but more power never hurts. Also how does the power of a eb630 compare to a redmax 7001. From what I have read the shindaiwa is made by redmax. Anyone know the cfm at the tube of the 7001, all I have found is the cfm at the housing.

2. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

the eb630 is made by redmax. all the other blowers are shindaiwa made. my dealer said that they should have the new blower in the spring.

3. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, Shindaiwa is coming out with a new blower that is more powerful then the EB630?!?

4. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

yeah, it's for real. my shindaiwa rep went to tulatin oregon especially to try one out. he said the there's a big difference in power between the eb630 and the new blower.

5. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 630,2 seasons old bought 2 7001 this season and 2 8000 also the only difference is they blow 15 to 20 feet away and a broad pattern over the 630.

6. atproperty

atproperty LawnSite Member

I have one of each. The Red Max is superior. Both are good. Also red max is coming out with 8100 if I heard right.

Andre

7. green814

green814 LawnSite Member

Any ideas what the price might be on the new Shindaiwa?
    Chris

8. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I just got off the phone with my dealer and he just called to check. He said that it will have a 80cc engine and will be out in June or July.

9. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats what I heard as well ...

10. Shadetree Ltd

Shadetree Ltd LawnSite Senior Member

The EB630 and the 7000 use the same engine built by Zenoah/Komatsu (Redmax). The differences are in the air filter, blower tubes and throttle control. The biggest difference is that Redmax carries a 2 year warranty on theirs while Shindaiwa is one year. They are great blowers but definately a step behind the Redmax 8000. I was at a service seminar on Friday with a Shindaiwa rep and he said the new blower will be a true 80cc 4 cycle. The availibility should be late spring/early summer in the US while Canada "might" see it late fall. The weight is supposed to be comparable to the 630. He was pretty excited about its introduction.

Scott