new shiny

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chuckers, Aug 17, 2004.

1. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

i just baught a new t230 and i cant get the head to spin is there some trick or something even when i open it wide open it doesnt spin? or should i take it back
  2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Take your "Shindy" back.........
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The gearbox isn't all the way on it, probably. Just loosen it up, slide it out, then back on again. It takes a few tries to get it lined up so it slides all the way on.
  4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Either way, I'd take the sucker back and have the dealer do the checkout they should have done on it before you even put it in your truck....
  5. chuckers

yes they said it was i picked it up at like 5 and i called them at 11:30 to tell them to get it ready... how much does the t230 run? just wondering how i did price wise
  6. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Chuckers, I dunno on the cost.. But it soundslike maybe the dealer is slippin' when it comes to check out..

Kinda reminds me of working at the Dodge dealer years back, EVERY new vehicle, and the used one's too, got a prep.. NO EXCEPTIONS, ( with the exception of the customers that asked us not to prep it ) the OPE dealers Know they should do this.. ( I believe most if not ALL of the mfgr's require the dealer to do this )...

Why can't the average OPE dealer grasp this concept????
  7. chuckers

yes i feel really bad that i went to this dealer but the price was different a lil better i guess i get what i pay for all i have to say is that the **************************** better have it back to me with in 20 min other wise i will be really P*$$ed.....
  8. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Every shindaiwa, actually, every new peice of two-cycle equipment I've ever bought, the dealers have put mix in them and fired them up. Every one. I can't imagine a dealer not doing that.
  9. chuckers

this dealer swore that it would be ready to go and that they had mix in it and dumped it out.... so i feel let down by this dealer.... i think he lied i also did think about fixing it my self but i figured then i would be stuck with a pos that never ran
  10. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Actually, if you could, you should try to find the Shindaiwa Distributor for your area and call them and tell them what happened. EVERY, and I mean EVERY powered unit is to be assembled, tested, and then demonstrated in person and first hand to the customer. Starting, operation, and safe use practices are all REQUIRED on every unit sold by a Shindaiwa Dealer.

This is the reason when you buy a "new in box" Shindaiwa unit online at like Ebay, you are buying from a unreputable dealer that isn't standing up to what they are supposed to as a Shinny dealer.

Also, if you just bought the unit and are not happy with it for any reason, take it back and ask for your money back.

If they ask you why you are returning it, quote the "7 day money back, no questions asked guarantee". If they question you (not counting trying to make it right, and give you something for the time you've wasted because they didn't do what they are REQUIRED to do as authorized Shindaiwa Dealers).

If we weren't a Shindaiwa dealer, and I went somewhere and purchased a unit and had this happen, you can bet your arse I'd be on the phone to Shindaiwa customer support reporting this dealer.

You can fill out a contact form here

As to your price question, current MSRP on the T231 is $249.95.