1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

new shirts and hats this year..

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by fga, Mar 5, 2006.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

thanks, came up with this 8 years ago. wheni went to the county clerks office, i was thinking, "do i really have to look through all these books to see if anyone else has my name?"
    you should have heard some of the bombs i was brainstorming..:clapping: :) :hammerhead:

but if i am home to answer the phone, its something like,:
    " hi, this is adam of full green ahead, what can i do for you?".. then ofcourse i get from the older folk, HUH? what? whoodie whatty? is...is adam there?

2. fga

that was favorite color combo on the convertible vette! nice green, with a tan rag top (drool)

3. miacharger

miacharger LawnSite Member

I have never found a color that doesn't show sweat, what style shirts do you use. collared t-shirt , long sleeve, short sleeve, sleeveless shirts? When we hired US born guys they always wanted T-shirts or sleeveless, the imported guys from down south always preferred the long sleeve shirts. Funny they didn't seem to sweat as much. I always wore the grey or blue collared shirts and tried to get in air conditioning as much as possible. Love your business name though!

4. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Adam,
    Looks good I like the colors, just make sure I get mine.I'll send you my address later.:clapping:

5. fga

s/s t's. its just a given that immigrant workers fair better in the heat. my guy will guzzle "aqua", but never look like he is busting a sweat... however, my nose tells me different.

6. fga

i'll do one better, and hire ya.. then i can kick back like so many of you guys do.. and actually go on a vacation (daydream).

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I tried yellow cotton tees.... what a mess!

After one day in the field they looked like a yellow and green dalmation.
    Grass stains that would not lift.

What yellow shirts are you having luck with?

8. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I like it. Looks sharp.

9. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Black and Yellow are my colours too(for window cleaning), Navy blue and brown is boring to my eye, sorry.

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Down here you would bake with anything black on.
    Here you have to wear light or bright colors... otherwise you roast in them.

Red has been a good color for me. Cool because it is bright and dark enough not to show so much filth. The bright Lesco/Athletic/Irish/Shamrock/Varsity green is good too. Not as cool as red, but bearable.