New shoes for my GMC!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Jason Rose, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I was just about in dire need for some new tires on the truck (this is my "personal truck") But I also wanted bigger tires, eventually (soon) going to add 2-3 inches of lift to the truck... So I got tires that will work well with the lift. Plus a lot nicer set of wheels to go with them!

Wheels are American Racing 16" x 9" wide.
    Tires are 285/75R16.

Actually looks better in person... The kinda turned out odd looking (to me anyway) off the camera. Like I said, also needs a little lift to complete the look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's what was on it, Actually in excellent condition, the wheels that is, the tires are pretty much shot...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BentleyOutdoors

BentleyOutdoors LawnSite Member

Good luck with the ATZ mickey's!! I got about 18k miles out of mine on my 2500 HD. They road great but for 18k miles.

3. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

are you selling the old wheels? cuz if you are i'm looking for some GMC logo'd wheels

4. Jason Rose

I think I only got about 20K, or maybe less, out of those Toyos! They don't usually like to throw out a mileage rating for truck tires like those... But I think expecting 40K would be a little far fetched...

5. Jason Rose

I might... But my buddy said I need to put them back on for winter so the salt dosn't mess up the new ones :dizzy:

So what was the point in spending $1400 if I'm going to put the old bald tires back on??? :hammerhead:

I got CHROME wheels because they should be the MOST resistant to stuff like that... Only drawback to them I see is that they need to be CLEAN to really look good. But that's what windex is for, lol.

6. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i've got a good 15k on my dunlop AT rover tires, they are load range E and have some nice tread to them, so far they look almost new.

7. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

I got about 40K on a set of Load E General's that are still on my half ton but its time for some new ones. I just don't like the fact with my dodge if your front alignment is off a little bit it will eat your tires up like crazy.

But I feel like trying something new. Only really need a Load C or D for a half ton. Was looking at either Cooper, or BF Goodrich.

8. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

you sure those are 16x9's? they dont look quite fat enough..

9. Jason Rose

the new wheels on the truck? yeah, pretty positive. Not sure how you could even see the width from the angles I took the photos from...

10. ExclusiveLawnCare

ExclusiveLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good, Yeah I just put some 33"s on my 2500 last month. Are you going with a leveling kit or a lift kit on yours?