New shop, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ochosdaddy, Sep 3, 2010.

1. ochosdaddy

ochosdaddy LawnSite Member

Just started leasing a new shop this month. My goal is to be working out of the new shop by October 1st. Lots to be done before then. I need help with ideas on how to set up this shop. There is just so much room compared to what I'm in now....about 5-6x as much. Owner gave me the option to buy the property off him down the road....comes with 15 acres of nice loamy flat land just 4 miles from town!

This is what I'm in now. It's an older picture, but not much has improved. To make matters worse, I kept my aerator and slicer in the shed in my back yard in the offseason, and kept a bale chopper on a trailer at a friends shop. It'll be very nice to finally have everything in one spot!
    [​IMG]

New joint:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just leasing half this shop, measures 64'x40'. This is more of a shop than I really need right now. It at least gives me something to grow into.

I bought sheets of OSB Thursday to line the lower portion of the walls. I hope to have those up Saturday. I'm gonna have to run wire to new electrical outlets....so should be nice to choose where the outlets are located. I'm thinking pallet racking in the long run to utilize the tall ceilings, but that won't happen for awhile.

Any suggestions on how to set up this shop space otherwise?

2. C & T Landscaping

C & T Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Put up plenty of shelves.
    Maybe even try to get some outlets of the support beams(In the middle of the shop) so if your working on something there you don't have to trip over extension cords.
    Build a nice work bench for the grinder and all.
    Secure it. Put up a 24/7 CCTV. You never know when you'll be hit.
    My dream shop would be like this but in the corner I would just throw up 3 walls and make an enclosed office. Keep your business papers, CCTV recorder, etc there.

3. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

Shop looks nice, looks like you will plenty of room

4. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Start with getting a small fridge full of beers then think about what's next. lol

5. a&jlandscaping

a&jlandscaping LawnSite Member

Veary nice

6. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks nice.

7. the.hines

the.hines LawnSite Member

I wish I had something like this, Way too big but I could store my others items like my boat.

Get a Big shop Dog, leave him running around at night.

8. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Man that's a huge place. I'd love to have that. Keep us posted man

9. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

pallet racks, tool racks (duluth) for hand tools, work bench, fridge, scrub sink, shelving for parts, pegboard for belts, etc

10. highlander316

highlander316 LawnSite Senior Member

definately do pallet racking or a loft of some sort. I built one in mine, in the summer salt spreader and blowers plus other random crap are up there. Get a dumpster, you'll be glad you did, they are definately worth the price (at least around here). Hang more lights. Once you start putting stuff in there, it'll get darker faster (as light doesn't bend lol). I'd run air lines around the place for your compressor.