New Shop

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by OnMyOwn, Mar 28, 2006.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

You must spend a ton of time cleaning stuff....that equipment all looks brand new!

2. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice shop, What size is it?

3. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

Small shop:

1,275 total sq. ft. with about 400 of it as front office / meeting area. We hope to move the tractor out soon, to make room for the other mowers.

Regarding the cleanliness.....I'm a clean / maintenance freak. This stuff costs way too much $$$ to let it look like second hand items.

It also helps that I've had all winter to clean the units.

4. grassbandit

grassbandit LawnSite Member

wow, nice shop, nice equipment, why is it that people always try to find flaws in what you do. Someone always has something negative to say. Congratulations

5. OnMyOwn

Thanks...

I'm proud of it.

6. OnMyOwn

I do have some newer equipment, but nothing is brand spankin' new. I just work my rear off to keep it looking clean and professional. I'm one of those guys that believes image is everything.

My crew must wear shirts, tucked-in, boots and nice shorts / pants. The client hires professionals, so we should look the part. If we do not look / act the part, then I cannot expect to be compensated accordingly.

7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I know, I know... I apologize for being rude earlier....

I just know from personal experience that it sucks when you have to move everything to get to the one piece of equipment that's always in the back.

It never matters which piece of equipment, it's always the one that's all the way in the back....

Again, I apologize for earlier......

8. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

like the JD

9. OnMyOwn

No problem!!!

I agree with you. If I could have afforeded more space....I would have it in a heart beat. What is the old adage, "(10) pounds of trash in a (5) pound bag. I just have to make it fit, for now.

10. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you buy that space or rent it? How much did it cost?