New signs on trailer--need some opinions

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by trainerboy, Feb 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i would take the line out under 918 lawn and just make it bigger

2. John Deere Mann

John Deere Mann LawnSite Member

Well at least no one can reach and steal anything.

3. trainerboy

trainerboy LawnSite Member

Thanks
    My wife thought the same thing. That is probably going to happen.

4. trainerboy

I didn't originally plan on making the sides that tall. I finally decided they had to be 3' or I just wouldn't have enough surface to mount a big enough sign on the sides. At 36" total from the floor, I only have 24" from the top of the angle iron rail.
    I went with untreated 1x6's instead of 2x6's for weight reduction. Then treated with Advanced Thompson's Water Seal with the honey colored stain in it.

Only ended up adding 260lbs to it (I weighed each section before installing).

5. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i would also increase the size of you busisness name as others mentioned

6. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I like it, but the grass seems a little bright

7. deltascapes

deltascapes LawnSite Member

If they want to call right then while it fresh on there mind, how will it come out someone dialing on blackberry or something similar? just a thought .

8. trainerboy

That seems like a simple question, but I'm not following you.

how will it come out????

It is just a regular 888 toll free number. They would just have to spell out LAWN on their phone like any other.

I've never had a Blackberry. I went from a Razor to an iPhone.
    Do Blackberry's have some sort of different dialing method than a regular phone? I've never even messed with one so I have no clue.

9. trainerboy

I'm pretty sure it won't be that bright on the finished product. That is photoshoped onto my trailer.
    Since the trailer is out in the sun and the artwork was downloaded off the internet and modified, it is going to show up completely different.
    I wish I was better with Photoshop. I love the program but there is waaaaay too much to learn. I don't have the time.

10. trainerboy

By increasing the size of the name, I'm assuming you mean the number (because that is the name)

I have already decided it needs to stretched out a little more. The scale of that picture would be a 2'x4' sign on the side of a 14' trailer. I will probably stretch that to 2'x6', making the number bigger.

I was going for the "1-800-CONTACTS" type approach. This way if they remember the phone number they remember the name. Everyone around here knows me. I didn't feel like I had to plaster my name all over the trailer. But I DO want them to know how to reach me.

Thanks