1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New signs we made.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Dunn's, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

I am start to get the hang of this. What do you all think.

got leaves 01.JPG

2. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

Those look real good! Should get a lot of calls from them!
  3. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

look good!

how many did you have made
  4. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

looks like its dunn right
  5. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good, simple and very understandable. You're gonna be a marketer before it's over huh? Good job Dunn!
  6. Southern Signature

Southern Signature LawnSite Member

Sign looks great by the way:clapping: . How are you charging for the leave clean up... per bag, per sq. ft. i'm curious, let me know thanks.

"Work Smarter, Not Harder"
  7. Dunn's

Well I just made that one last night and since it is raining today. I think i will make atleast two more. I can make for others if they want. not sure how much yet. Plus I only have green or balck vinyl right now.
  8. Dunn's

We charge in a few different ways. Either 1: they sign up for weekly or bi-weekly leaf clean-ups at a set charge per visit depending on how big their lawn is. or

2: they can wait until they all fall and then call us out and we take a look at how much leaves their are. We estimate how long it will take and then put a hourly charge to it depending on how difficult of a yard it is( I.E. how many bushes to get leaves out, amount of flower beds, or just how many things they have placed in their yard, also how close we can get a trailer to the back yard.) Then we add the dump fee and give them the price, we do not mention how much hourly it will be. If we figure out a way to make that particular yard go faster then it is to our benifit not theirs.

We have been doing this for about 4 years now so you get a pretty good idea just from looking at it how much you are going to charge. sometimes we give the price just by looking at a picture that one of our guys took because they where already in that area. When we got the call.

Also don't forget for one time leaf clean-ups the price is only good for a week, if they call again later because they never found anyone else do it. Like they thought they where going to do. The price goes up automatically because we have to go out and look at it again. Even if it is the same amount of leaves . You add the second estimate into the cost.
  9. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Very nice looking signs!
  10. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

looks great how did ya get those letters that prefect ?