1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Site Dedicated To The Welding Industry Coming....

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.lawnsite.com/buttons/jump.php?i' started by Administrator, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

hahahahaha :D
  2. mud_man93

mud_man93 LawnSite Member

when will the site be up & running?:blob3:
  3. Administrator

Right now im looking for a design company to trade design work for advertising.

4. 75

75 LawnSite Senior Member

Good points about the name choice Chuck, I hadn't thought about it that way - especially about losing traffic to a site with a similar name.

Looking forward to this because there's a lot of topics in the welding field I would like to learn about myself - even though I work in the trade, there's a lot of subjects I don't know a great deal about - TIG for example.
  5. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

OMG, holy smokes batman, something rob doesnt know about welding? im astonished.
  6. 75

75 LawnSite Senior Member

There's a lot of topics that come under the category of "welding" - too many to really know 'em all. In my case, where I work I get involved with a lot of repair welding - such as heavy equipment - and structural steel/miscellaneous metals. 90% of the time or more I'm working in the field so I generally stick weld, and do a lot of my own fitting since many railing installations are "fab on site".

By contrast, one of my co-workers put in some time at a company that manufactures loader buckets. His job was strictly welding, indoors with heavy flux-core wire. Both welding-related jobs but vastly different. Come to think of it, the fitter who assembled and tacked the buckets together also had a different but still welding/fabricating related job.

Plus I'd like to learn some more about the engineering and design side of things: I know how to read and interpret drawings/welding symbols, but would also like to know a bit about why a connection calls for a 5/16" fillet weld, weld all around............

Besides, IMO learning is an ongoing thing. :)
  7. Administrator

8. DaveK

DaveK LawnSite Member

I guess you really did like it Chuck. :)

And it isn't done yet.......
  9. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

How is the site doing Chuck??:)