1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New site is live today

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by ben fritz, Jun 22, 2012.

1. ben fritz

ben fritz LawnSite Member

My new site is live today, check it out. Ocalalawns.com. I love it!!:cool2:

2. Dave does lawns

Dave does lawns LawnSite Senior Member

site looks great.

Although the seo is not bad, there is more to be done.

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I think it looks great. Did you create it or have a pro set it up? I'm curious to see what Tonythe greek will think. he seems to have the best insight on here for SEO matters.:usflag:

4. ben fritz

Like what, i am not good when it somes to seo and all the techy stuff

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Tony is. He can pick up strange code that hinders your ranking. Very friendly and honest with his advice, He will be along shortly I'm sure.:usflag:

6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Ranking-wise, there's really nothing to adjust for with a new site. As long as there is a base of optimization, there's not a lot to do other than add and refine content. You can track when and how it starts ranking and adjust and implement from there. Besides a solid foundation, I don't do anything beyond making sure the site is on search's radar and beginning to be indexed. Once I start tracking keyword rankings, and think that there is a legitimate baseline, I'll start tweaking.

Personally, I follow a methodology of phasing in additional SEO once a site starts ranking so as to have a natural progression. This is an approach I follow to very good success, especially over the last 4 years.

-

7. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

I think it looks good....I also must add that it is a good thing you are not located in Cincinatti OH, because your site is very similar to this site: www.dklawncare.com

8. ben fritz

Yes i wanted my site like his, i think he has the best one out there, and you guys have totally lost me with all this tracking site stuff, thank god for Tony.

9. GreyFlames

GreyFlames Inactive

Great looking site. Very clean and professional.

Work on some additional content. A great rule of thumb is 300-500 words. Think about adding some outbound links to some trade organizations. And consider putting in a customer testimonial or two.

10. Penncare

Penncare LawnSite Member

Grammer is important and there are many mistakes. You can get all the traffic you want and still fail to make a good first impression.