New Site Member

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WashMoBrink, Jun 5, 2002.

1. WashMoBrink

WashMoBrink LawnSite Member

1st time visitor to the site. Been in sales for 15 years, but grew up on a farm and want to get back outside. I maintain a few large (2 Acre +) yards now as side jobs. Currently using a Great Dane 61" ZTR, but buying a Toro 60". Any advice on expanding? (Missouri, just outside of St. Louis)

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

welcome aboard!

are you replacing the Great Dane or are you just adding the Toro? There's a few Great Dane's here and they cut and stripe Grrreaat!!! No Toros at all for some reason....
    We mainly have here:
    Grasshopper (front and mid mount ZTR's)
    eXmark galores
    Scag galores
    Few Great Danes
    Dixie Chopper galores
    Few Wright Standers

We have Toro and Walker and Husqvarna and Ferris and John Deere dealers too but they are hardly seen in use here for some reason. The Grasshopper mid mounts and Great Dane ZTR's seem to stripe best here. Not sure about the Dixie Choppers though. I have heard they are good most places but don't know of any particular place mowed with them off the top of my head other than cemetaries that can't be striped.
    Good luck, Happy Mowing, and welcome aboard.
    Eric
    PS don't forget the search button, some old timers get pissed if you don't use it enough! LOL.....

3. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to Lawnsite glad to have ya.

4. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Bushhogboy there are more Walkers here than you might think. They are so compact and efficient that they sneek right by with out you noticing.

To the new dude Welcome, here you can learn a lot.

5. St. Lewy here.

Toro Z-master 62" would be what ya want right?

6. WashMoBrink

WashMoBrink LawnSite Member

Thanks for the welcome. Picking up the Z Master tmorrow.

7. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Brickman - didn't mean 'here' as in Lawnsite.... I meant 'here' as in where I live...
    Eric

8. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

OK.