New Site

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by poolboy, Apr 10, 2006.

1. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

Before I launch the site from my host site, I was hoping to get a few opinions about the site first. There are going to be a couple of small changes that will be made, the intro will have a skip button & some of the typos will be fixed. But, I really wanted to get your opinion first. Keep in mind, I am not in the landscape business, but I frequent this site because a few years ago I thought I might (thank you illegals). Any suggestions?

http://thepoolmedic.webdesignsbyjeff.com/

2. Badgerz

Badgerz LawnSite Member

Just my opinion but it's a bit too flashy for my taste. The images and the overall look are great but having to wait for the intro and then wait for the home page to finish and show everything could be seen as a little annoying. Keep the overall look and layout but have your site get to the point quicker. Like I said, just my opinion.

3. poolboy

from earth

I wasnÂ’t sure if I wanted a flash into at first, either. However, knowing who my target clients are, most probably have dsl or cable modem, making the loading a lot faster.

4. poolboy

from earth

Also, I use FireFox and was hoping someone could help me the 1/2 off button on the home page.

5. poolboy

from earth

This site is up and running now. I highly recommend the guy who built the site.
    www.thepoolmedic.net

6. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I thought it looked really good Poolboy.Very professional and well thought out.

7. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

took a while to load even with dsl. honestly im mixed about it. I think his flash code is way to large. Great concept but look how long the flash show takes to load on my site and compare it.

www.integrityoutdoorlighting.com

If someone wasnt net savy your site might be hard to folllow or they might think something was wrong and click on someone elses site.

Can I ask what he charged you for that ?

8. alyssa

alyssa LawnSite Member
    from FL

It looks good but... lol always a but isnt there. I have been doing affiliate marketing for at least 5 years now or more. I don't personally care for flash sites and always click away or chose to skip that feature. That being said if you want your site to rank in the search engines it won't happen with a flash page. Its always better to have plain text and information on the main page for the search engines to pick up. Just a thought. Good Luck with your new site!