New Site

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by vtscaper, Mar 17, 2007.

1. vtscaper

vtscaper LawnSite Member

Hey all, We are just about finished with the new site and im looking for some feedback. Let me know what you think. Does it keep your attention, easy to navigate etc. Be critical. Much appreciated. www.distefanolandscaping.com

2. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

It looks nice.

I like the colors.

All the colors. The mellow green underneath looks very nice with the textured pattern.

Do you have one image that's better looking than the after image, even if there is no before image? How many images do you have to choose from?

3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

That has to be one of the nicest sites I've seen, great job. One little thing, in your example section that home is a showcase one but, I would try to get maybe a few more before's and after's of different properties. Other than that, its one of the top 10 sites I've ever seen for this industry.

4. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

The site looks nice, but the flash COULD harm your search engine results. I have seen some sites with flash have good results on Yahoo, but the Googlebots cannot read through the code and will index you real low. Just a thought.

5. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

very nice, great pictures

6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not a fan of the lower half of the background, the dithered green.

Second, the opening flash intro displays "* Design *..." etc, and they look somewhat like they are links, but they are not. Perhaps change them to look less like links, since using them as links would be redundant.

Other than that, it looks pretty good (if not a little cookie cutter).

Consider having a form setup in the contact area that people can fill out and you can contact them, might result in a lot more leads.

7. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Very professional website you have. I really like it!!! GREAT JOB:cool2:

8. mdvaden

That was something I noticed about the links too.

I had to play around to see what text worked as links and what didn't work as links.

9. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, I like the mellow green with stripes. I'm not so fond of the picture sizes. The graphics are a little too "demanding" of attention IMO. I would really consider not using a flash intro on a commercial site that isn't depending on backlinks. You WANT the search engines to list you high. It WILL drive 33% more traffic and WILL cost a lot less to publicize.

10. mdvaden

As small as Burlington is - its not huge anyway - I'd be far, far lest concerned about the search engine.

I could reach that whole town's relevant yards with flyers and brochures in a matter of a few weeks.

My aim would be a very nice website, letting the search engine's beg for attention.

Even in a large city, why get wrapped up in search engine rankings? If 100 websites are all optimized to perfection, who is going to get the top ranking?

(I've written, whoever got there first)

In a smaller city, all you know is that you will get an increase of some kind, by getting your website address out in cards and brochures.