New Skid Steer

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by paul, May 11, 2000.

1. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Ok, Lets hear from you guys and gals on which Skid steer you'd buy. We had one removed from our shop on Sunday and are now looking to replace it with a bigger unit. Choices so far:<br>New Holland LS190<br>Case XT95<br>ASV 2800<p>----------<br>paul<br>

2. Matt

Matt LawnSite Member

Definatly go with the New Holland, especially if you need something with balls.

3. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Whoa! Matt's post is going to be tough to top. I certainly won't even try. :)<p>----------<br>Lanelle<br>

4. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Ok just to open it up some,<br>ASV tracked loader with rubber tracks lifts 3000 lbs<br>case xt95 rubber tire loader lifts 3195 lbs<br>Ls 190 rubber tire lifts 2800 lbs<br>tell me the pluses or minus of each<p>----------<br>paul<br>

5. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

New Holland

6. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

You already know what I'm going to say - <p>The Gehl 6635 can (on level ground, with both weight kits), lift 3200#.<p>I still haven't done much research on the NH, but it sounds like the Gehl has more beef.<p><br>By the way, met a customer who just bought one of those Bavarian jobs, an 840 (ci? I don't remember the letters). Told me the windows automatically roll up at 100mph - he smiled when I asked him how he found that out. Very slick looking car.

7. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

You already know what I'm going to say - <p>The Gehl 6635 can (on level ground, with both weight kits), lift 3200#.<p>I still haven't done much research on the NH, but it sounds like the Gehl has more beef.<p><br>By the way, met a customer who just bought one of those Bavarian jobs, an 840 (ci? I don't remember the letters). Told me the windows automatically roll up at 100mph - he smiled when I asked him how he found that out. Very slick looking car.

8. EarthWorks

EarthWorks LawnSite Member

I haven't actually compared head to head. Seems like the case is shorter and capacity is pretty close to NH. I would run each of them and see which one was most comfortable and quiet etc. I have two Case's and like them really well but I don't have the 95xt. I have looked at one and they are nice, but they all look good at the dealer.

9. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Going to try out the case and ASV next week(hope it drys out some) have a good wall job for demo site (double wall on edge of creek channel) lots of water and tight area. I know the New Holland but willing to try out others.<p>Stonehedge;<br>They do that to keep road noise down :) <br>new Wheels in this week 18&quot; rims and Z rated tires will open it up on sunday tell you how it handles the curves at speed :)<p>----------<br>paul<p><p><font size="1">Edited by: paul

10. EDL

EDL LawnSite Member
    from MA

the asv will do well in the water area a tree company in my area has one, however size may be an issue on certian jobs