1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New sliding sulky (not Proslide)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Feb 18, 2004.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

looks good not to bad on the price
  3. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks pretty slick. If I didn't already own 2 Proslides, I'd probally try one.
  4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Might be great, but who wants to take a gamble on a homemade sulky?
  5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Ah don't be such a skeptic Bruce:)
    A lot of things start off home made. It looks better then some things I've seen that were manufactured by legit companies.

Plus I think it comes with a guarentee (if i read it right).
  6. Gabriel Turf

Gabriel Turf LawnSite Member

At least you can sue the big boys when it folds up and cuts your foot off due to a design flaw. How much do you think you will get out of this guy?
  7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I'm just in disbelief at the way some people react when something new comes along.
    Sheesh:rolleyes: :confused:
  8. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

home-made looks pretty risky for something like that, good luck
  9. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a Slider once, if you are going down a hill it will make u slide under the mower, unless u all a$$ down the hill. Also going side to side the slider wants to go down the hill when you want to go side to side. This causes the mower front in to turn up the hill.

Stay with what works, the 2 wheel velke
  10. Gabriel Turf

Gabriel Turf LawnSite Member

Gogetter, It is called healthy skepticism. If I weld up something in my shop, sell it to you on Ebay, and you kill yourself with it, people on this forum would say "well, he shouldn't have bought it from Joe Blow on Ebay." Does the guy making this thing really know how metal is going to react under extreme force or is he just welding up something with some angle iron he bought down at the local hardware. I don't know, do you? That is why I am skeptical.