1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Snapper Walkbehind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by naturescape, Apr 12, 2008.

1. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I've checked www.snapperpro.com and it appears a new hydro wb is available. It sounds interesting, but no pics load yet. I have a feeling the page is in progress. Anybody know anything about these?
  2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I think its the SW20 series, dual hydro 36" and 48" sizes. The price is right on them, right at $4000 for 36 and about $300 more for the 48".
  3. RTR Landscaping

RTR Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

They are actually made for Snapper by Ferris.I demo'd one at a dealers open house. It looks and performs really well. The price got my attention. I currently run all Scags but would consider one for the price.
  4. zanemoseley

zanemoseley LawnSite Member

Is the $4300 for the 48" suggested retail or an actual street price.
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I was thinking the 36" unit was around $3600 on sale. I believe it uses an Eaton integrated pump/wheel motor similar to Walker, probably a cheap version. We use those adjustable deck and that is a nice feature. This looks like a pretty solid unit and very nicely priced. I drove it around the parking lot and it is nice.
  6. lawnbutch

lawnbutch LawnSite Member
    from Colo.

Dom you know who owes snapper and ferris??? Lets see who can come up with the correct answer!!!
  7. YoungGun

YoungGun LawnSite Member

briggs/ straton
  8. lawnbutch

lawnbutch LawnSite Member
    from Colo.

Any one else??
  9. mp067

mp067 LawnSite Member

husquvana i believe heard that while in florida this january
  10. MCLC

MCLC LawnSite Member