New Snapperpro S50x coming up on 50+hours

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RonWin, Jul 29, 2012.

1. RonWin

RonWin LawnSite Senior Member

Never had a Z before and the thing just passed 50 hours. Is there anything i should be doing/checking to make sure this thing keeps in great condition and use? Think the tune ups are just over $100 but is it worth it at such meager hours? Not sure what i should be looking for, like i said i never had a Z before, in order to make sure this thing stays in tip top condition and performs at its best. No problems in use so far. If there is anything that i can do myself that would be ideal. Advice welcome!

2. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Check your manual... 50 hours is nothing man some of these guys have 2000+ hrs on one mower. Usually you change the oil and oil filter like every 50 hrs ish and check your blades your blades And make sure they are sharp..hope this helps

3. RonWin

RonWin LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds good man, just wanted to be sure i wasn't neglecting anything!

4. Popeye77

Popeye77 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I change oil on a new engine at 10 hrs. and 50hrs. (my S50x was changed at 10hrs has 30 on it now) unless it's dirty then I change it anyway. Theory is to get any metal or particles out of the new engine that might be there from break in. Oil is cheap engines are not. I also give the zerks a shot of grease fairly often. Air filter is blown out on regular basis and or after a dusty mow.

5. fredmullegun

fredmullegun LawnSite Senior Member

What engine do you have and how is it mowing?

6. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Agreed I knew I was forgetting something lol

7. 2stroked

2stroked LawnSite Senior Member

I change my oil every 100 hours, and the oil filter every 200 hours. I follow the manual, and that's what it says to do.

8. Popeye77

Popeye77 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Never did like the idea of running new oil through a dirty filter but to each his own.

9. scotts lawn care

scotts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Make sure to follow your manual to the letter.......you should be fine. My 757z has over 2700 hrs on it - due to good maintenance. I change the oil every 20-25 hours......and the oil and filter every 40 - 45 hours.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Popeye77

Popeye77 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Mine is a Kaw FX600V