New snowblower for season

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Smooth Operator, Sep 12, 2000.

1. Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator LawnSite Member
    from NY

I need to purchase a new blower for the winter. I'm looking at the Ariens 1336,1332 & the Troy-Bilt 1332. The Troy is 1800. the Ariens are 2229.& 2429. respectively. I have a large area to do including gravel driveways. Any advice you can give me will be much appreciated. Since they all use the same engine I guess it comes down to durability and ease of use as the deciding factors more than price as I intend to keep this unit for the long haul.
    Thanks for the help.

2. diggerman

diggerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

I have atroy built no complaints but if it were me I would go buy two at your local building supply store for the same money,(They also may have the same engine) then you will have a backup. Even though I own a troybuilt I don't think that it is going to have a much better life span than my cheaper ones.

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I own a toro 8 hp snow blower. This snow blowr has a clear advantage over every other 2 stage blower on the market. Toros bigger 2 stages have a feature called power shift sytem. This system prevent the snow blower form riding up in heavy snow. To activate this feature all you have to do is shift a lever and the drive wheels shift from being under the blower to behind the blower causing all the weight to shiftto the front. Best snow blower ive ever used.

4. Diceman

Diceman LawnSite Member

We bought our first Honda 621 (4 stroke) single stage snow blower 2 years ago...the thing could pump water out of your basement! We we so impressed with the performance that we bought our second one last year. They go for around $825.00. It's small enough that it takes only one person to load/offload it from the truck, but when it comes to, it can do the work of a two stage snow blower.

Brian
    Exterior Solutions