New Solesbee Thumb

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by NEUSWEDE, Dec 10, 2012.

1. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Got my Solesbee Direct pin thumb all mounted and plumbed today. Getting the pin in with having to get the thumb, coupler and stick lined up was a task. had the welder come on site and welded it up. Great company to deal with said it would be ready for shipping in 7-8 days from ordering, was delivered 6 days after ordering. I shopped around and looked at the local fab company and jrb but between price and being custom made for my machine I couldn't go wrong with the solesbee, very beefy and will be great.

Made a quick video of it http://youtu.be/xfP3VDvLLTI

thumb.jpg

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

When did you get a bigger excavator? I never realized you had anything bigger than a mini..

3. NEUSWEDE

from Maine

Back in August I took the plunge and bought a 2004 Deere 160 Got sick of renting and was loosing bids due to having to factor in a rental so jobs less than a week I was getting killed on either over pricing or working for nothing to pay the rental.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good Dylan! You should be very happy with the 160 and thumb setup.

5. NEUSWEDE

from Maine

Thanks Andrew the only thing I dislike is that the thumb doesn't close closer to the stick but it doesn't affect anything negatively so I can live with it.
    Posted via Mobile Device