New Sony MVC-CD100 digital camera!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Nov 4, 2000.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Now I want a new toy. :) That is neat Ray, but I was wondering, do you have to go that slow, or did you go slow for the video? That sounds like a neat camera you now have. I would think it would be pricey like all new things.

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Yea, we slowed down for the video. The camera was $1299.00 but came with 5 CD-R's at 158 mb each. In comparision to memory sticks or flashcards no comparision! When a disk is full (160 2.1 mp photos), just put a new one in, they sell for $20 for 5 disk.

4. dhicks

dhicks Member

The camera and AVI file are great. I bet your one happy camper. Just in case others are interested in the same camera, visit http://www.videodirect.com

The folks at Video Direct quoted me a price of $1,164.00 for the same camera which includes shipping. I bought a Sony digital video camera from them last year and they are nice folks to do business with.

Can you write off some of the expense of the camera, let say for advertisement? I hope so. :D

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

The only difference between men and boys, is the price of their toys!

6. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the sony dsc-f505, awesome camera also takes up to 15 secs of vids. I have one 64mb stick and had about 140 images off i think 1200x1600, and two 15 sec vids, not sure how much that little mem stick can hold but its the best cam i have had to date and i have had a few. The Carl Zeiss lens is absolutely fantastic. I can make some vids or post a couple that i have if you guys are interested in seeing the quality of them.

Chris

7. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a Sony Mavica FD83 6 times zoom 1219 by 912 image ,we can do MPEG movie mode, Mode animation MPG all on floppy discs. Complete package camera, battery charger,xtra battery,shoulder strap,pl filter carring case for around $500.00 what I like about it best is its all saved on floppy's even movies with Xtra capacity floppy's. Whether you buy one to take photos or movies a digital camera can and will be an important asset in your company.