New Sponsor - Silky Store!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Sean Adams, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

The Silky Store is the only full-line retailer that provides premium quality Silky hand saws for numerous applications including tree care, landscaping, nursery, tree grower and home gardener.

Silky saws are made in Japan by UM:Kogyo Inc., a company which has specialized in the manufacturing of saws since 1919. Unique Silky technology and design have resulted in an extensive range of finest hand saws with superb cutting ability. No other saws equal the unsurpassed cutting performance of Silky. Silky saws should not be confused with low priced products sold for occasional and general purpose use. They are premium quality tools for the professional user, serious gardener and tree grower. Silky are the best pruning saws available in North America today and The Saws of Choice by Professionals.

The Silky Store stocks complete product lines of straight, curved, folding and pole Silky saws for each and every application, including Arborist Saws, Forestry Saws, Pruning & Trimming Saws, Fruit Tree Pruning Saws, Vineyard Pruning Saws, Apple Tree Pruning Saws, Lawn & Garden Saws, Florist & Nursery Saws, Root Cutting Saws, Bamboo Cutting Saws, Woodworking Saws, Carpentry Saws, Cabinet Maker Saws, DIY & Hobbyist Saws, Outdoor & Hunting Saws, Rescue & Military Saws and Food Preparation Saws.

Please visit for more product information and convenient online ordering! We are very excited to participate and sponsor, and become a part of this extraordinary community. We look forward to contributing to its growth and ongoing success.
  2. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

I personally own a Super Accel folding saw and wonder why I waited so long to get one!

While I have yet to order from the Silky Store, it will be the first place I look the next time I need a handsaw.

I'm not getting paid in any way to say this, so please believe me: If you are serious about your handsaws for pruning, get a Silky!

There are many options in the Silky line, many more than I expected or even knew about the first time I visited the store site.

Yes, they are made in Japan. That's the only fault I find in the saws. They aren't made in the US. However, the quality of these saws FAR outwieghs that fact. Japanese handsaws have long been the best saws for woodworkers, it's only natural for the quality to carry over into pruning saws.

Take a look at them. If you use one very often, I doubt you will want anything else!

3. two_planks

two_planks LawnSite Member

I have a couple of Ibukis and a Zubat. Silkys are hands down the wickedest saw around. They are a bit more money than the lower quality one (about twice as much) but they last probably 4 times as long. Like D Felix I'm in no way being paid for saying this but for the last couple of years I've been recomending these saws to every one.
  4. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

Yep---I have a Zubat and a Ibuki and they simply do not compare to anything you have ever used before. The Ibuki is a chain saw that always starts on the first pull and you never run out of gas or bar oil. Try one and you will never be able to use a Wolf, Corona, Fanno ect. again
  5. SilkyFox

SilkyFox LawnSite Member

Guys, thanks for such warm welcoming us to the forum!
  6. desertrat

desertrat LawnSite Member

I just got a zubat from the online store. Best saw ever. bonus is that it looks so darn cool. Why do I still have a chainsaw?
  7. firststarkid

firststarkid LawnSite Member

Yall got me. everybody was talking about how goos silky saws are so i just bought some i will let you know if i like or not.
  8. SilkyFox

SilkyFox LawnSite Member

Thanks for choosing Silky. What model(s) have you got and where? Eager to hear your Silky experience.

9. firststarkid

firststarkid LawnSite Member

The Pocket Boy 130
    Zubat 330
    Zubat 240
    Hayauchi 390 21ft
  10. SilkyFox

SilkyFox LawnSite Member

Wow! You're all set then. Thanks.