New Spray Rig

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by nelbuts, Apr 30, 2005.

1. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Well finished building my new rig and thought I would share some pics.

This is a 200 gal. split tank with a D30 pump, Honda 5.5, Really Innovations 4030 spray wand ($35). All aluminium frame with stainless reel. I installed the bed liner it is a Herculiner. I purchased the tank used from a friend every nut bolt and fitting is new. Cost for this system was just under $3,000.00 when finished.

I installed the lettering on the truck and still need to put (residental and commercial) on the extended cab doors.

Spray Side.jpg

Spray rear.jpg

Spray pump.jpg

2. turfmann

turfmann LawnSite Platinum Member
    from PRM

Great job. In fact, quit your day job and start a sprayer fab company. That's how all the current big guys started.

3. nelbuts

from SW, FL

Now that is funny! I think I will keep the day job as I have two now. The maintenance end and the pest control are two different companies. It is always fun to rig one up and play with them some. This is the third one I have built and or modified. This one you can fill from either tank. Tank A can fill tank B or vis versa. I will use one tank for fresh water only and the other for the mix.

If any of you need a spray wand I highly recomend Really Innovations. I ordered the wand in the morning one day and had it the next. Lesco charges $52 and a local company charges $59 for the same wand. In fact the Lesco service rep told me to call Really and gave me their phone number. You can find them on Google.

Not quite satisfied with size of company name so am going to get larger letters at some time.

Thanks for the good words. Oh and one thing I know I am not good at is fiberglass work. What a PIA!

4. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice! is that a Hannay reel? Is it electric? Nice rig.

Chris

5. nelbuts

from SW, FL

The reel is a stainless Titan manual. Not really fond of the electric. This operates very smooth and is not a major chore winding.