1. n y snow pros

n y snow pros LawnSite Senior Member

We finally got our tanker truck up and running to spray large salt piles with Magic.We bought 95 International tanker truck with a 3500 gallon capacity.We found this truck on the computer in fact its the 1st thing i ever bought on line.Anyway it was originally used at Chicago O'hara airport for washing planes.We mounted 2 one inch lines with fire type nozzels,so that we could work with 2 loaders at a time.Before this tanker we could only carry enough Magic to spray about 50 tons,now we can spray 435 tons before we have to reload.I have also quickly learned when you reduce a 3 inch line to 1 inch the pressure is increased dramatically and you gotta hold onto the hose or everthing turns brown including myself and it smells a bit like beer.Well we learn from our mistakes.

2. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh, Oh.....

Hey John..... can you deliver to Iowa.... Storm's gonna want some of that beer smellin stuff to work with....

3. iowastorm

iowastorm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

We've been considering buying a tanker truck too, but not that large. Let me know if there any others floating around. And, heck, if it can spray de-icer and hold beer, man I'm in perfect shape for the winter.