"new sprayer" d-19 with 4 hp honda??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by 1stclasslawns, Feb 13, 2003.

1. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have looked at sprayers over the internet, and have found a few, but a local fellow has a fimco 200 gal with a hypro d-19grgi pump and a 4 hp honda, 300 feet of hose in good condition with a hanney electric hose reel. If it has been, it hasn't been used not much at all. The 1/2 cup of water in the bottom of the tank is clear. He is asking $2000.00 and will let me pay him out.

I cant find any specs for gpm and pressure on this pump.

What do you think??

Jim

2. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

we have one unit with a D-19
    its ok as long as you dont over work it. we use ours on a limited basis, but if your using it for lawns at a typical 1.5 - 2 gals per minute it should work out fine.

Biggest problem with ours is the maintenance. There is no oil drain plug! We have to remove the pump and tip it upside down to drain the oil out of the fill tube. A real pain in the neck!

Other than that, I dont have any negative comments. But if you plan on using it to spray trees, your gonna need a bigger pump like a D-30 or D-50

3. bigkat

bigkat LawnSite Member

Check Northern Tool you can get a new one for $2000.00 with a 5.5 horse and get free shipping. I bought mine at Lesco $2500.00 with a 5.5 Kaw and 400' of hose.

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

D-19 is not a good pump for a 200 gallon sprayer. I have one on a 50 gallon tank and have trouble getting parts. I was told by my pump store the D 19 is no longer made because of problems.