1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Spreader

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TG TURF CARE, Aug 15, 2006.

TG TURF CARE LawnSite Member

Just Received My New Lesco Spreader....with The 80lb Hopper.....am Using Lesco Fertilizer....24-0-11..with 3% Sulfer...and 3% Iron....i Am Used To Using An Off Brand Spreader..and Had That Calibrated Perfect...the Lesco Fert. I Am Using Says To Calibrate To # 15..which I Have Done....question Is....wow..the Fert. Sure Gets Thrown Along Ways On Both Sides Of The Spreader....i Am Walking My Normal Speed...do I Need To Over Lap Much...or At All....my Old Spreader I Was Overlapping Quite A Bit....any Advice On This New Spreader Would Be Great....t.g.
  2. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Throw back to your wheel tracks. That setting is for 1# N, too much N for this time of the year. You will have to calibrate the spreader to your walking speed and check it to make sure the exact quantity you want is being applied. No other easy way around it.