*New* Sprinkler Donuts, "Sprinkler Buddy"

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Sprinkler Buddy, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

You are correct, I just found this! Thank You Again! Close Too!!! :)

"Irrigation Association and Florida Irrigation Society Collaborate on the 2012 Irrigation Show in Orlando

FALLS CHURCH, VA. (Feb. 28, 2012) -- The Irrigation Association and Florida Irrigation Society are pleased to announce a partnership to deliver a fresh and innovative Irrigation Show and Education Conference, Nov. 2 – 6, in Orlando, Fla. Representatives from both organizations have been meeting regularly to develop programming and activities that embrace Florida’s unique irrigation challenges. “We are pleased to be a part of this great event and to insert some local flavor into its traditional offerings,” said Matt Eaton of North Florida Irrigation Equipment and 2012 FIS president."

Just learned :-( Booth Space: "Nonmembers: $5,085 per 10' x 10' space"

Maybe next year! :)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Wow! I don't blame you for not going. :dizzy:

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

that doesn't leave much in the budget for a booth babe

13.JPG

4. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

That's 1/2 the cost of a new mower. lol I would if I could, many decision makers from all over going to be there. Wonder if they would notice if I sneaked in and set up shop. lol

5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

When I went to a I.A. a few years ago in Phoenix, it was like a morgue, even the usual speed-freak pimps and whores at the booths showed no enthusiasm.

6. Lite Headed

Lite Headed LawnSite Member

As a veteran of a number of IA shows, they can be cost prohibitive. And the booth cost is just the start of it. I know some folks who have had booths in the past have opted to not rent a booth but still attend the show to work the room. And don't forget to work the bars at the host hotels after the show has closed for the day! :)

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

For my backpack company, we looked at the big trade show, and figured it would be $20-$30k for the first show. That was for the SMALLEST booth space. About $8-$10k for floor space, but then we need to figure building a booth and display, banners, print materials, travel costs, lodging, giveaways. Not to mention all the add ons they charge you for the trade show - carpet/cushioning, internet access, extra electrical outlets, and much more. At some trade shows, you MUST use their union guys to put up and take down your booth, AND pay them and arm and a leg and a first born. Not very cost effective.

8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

I did a couple back in 89/90 with a buddy you also know.

My experience with the help was that they were there to strong arm me in the beginning, got their money. When it was time to tear down, everyone was beat and it was late, nobody showed.

Go figure.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

Zombie escape?