1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Sprinkler System After 1 Year!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by jabbo, May 16, 2007.

1. jabbo

jabbo LawnSite Member

Here's my yard after having my sprinkler system installed for 1 year.I live in south GA and we are in a terrible drought.I am very proud of the job I did, this being the first and only system I have ever done.I had to move two heads this year because of poor placement but everything else was ok.I want to thank everybody on this site especially WET BOOTS because he kept on pushing me to start the project instead of stalling.THANKS LAWNSITE.COM

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Unless you colored the pics......hell of a job...did you send Boots his case
    of Genie/Buc beer?
  3. jabbo

jabbo LawnSite Member

Thanks. No alterations at all, just good old centipede. Will post pics of PGP in action soon. And yes,I do need to send WB 1 or 12.
  4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Good job! Glad to see somebody got something useful from here instead of all of us complaining or discussing charts and graphs and specs all the time. Congrats on getting dirty and doing a good job.
  5. jabbo

jabbo LawnSite Member

Thanks again. I guess I have turned into a yard fanatic. My wife is always complaining about me staying in the yard too long. Personally, I love it!
  6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Me and Jon and Purps are setting up a biz in the NW, want a job?
  7. jabbo

jabbo LawnSite Member

I work for D.O.D(uncle sam) as an electronics technician and have to say it is a pretty good job.Have also worked for an electrical contractor for a couple of years but I would love to do installs and also landscaping.Starting those zones up after you have finished a job would be about the same satisfaction I use to get after getting thru wiring a house or whatever and turning all the lights and ceiling fans on.
  8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good! (forget the beer, send barbeque!)
  9. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

When on the irrigation board you need to show the goods not that your grass is green. It's like talking about your muscle car and not showing the engine.....
  10. Even though I make my living off of yard maintenance, working on my yard is relaxing for me. However, my wife complains that I don't spend enough time in the yard. I'm always in her way when she is cleaning house.:)

Nice looking yard.