1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New srm-2601 (not the srm-260) for $255 Should I get it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KBW, Feb 21, 2003.

1. KBW

KBW LawnSite Member

I've heard the srm-2601 was a good trimmer and better running than the new srm-260. Would you get the 2601 or spend your money on another brand/model? Kevin
  2. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

From what I understand the 2901 is no longer made but was replaced by the 260s, which we just picked up from our dealer a month ago/
  3. KBW

KBW LawnSite Member

This dealer has one of the older ones (srm-2601) left over. I've heard the 2601's are superior to the 260's. The 260's have a different engine (or at least a diff. carb.)that is more emissions sensitive.
  4. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

If I am reading it right the new ECHO brochure tells me that the 260 is the standard trimmer and the 261 'power boost tornado' is the 'cleaned up' 260.. I have both the 2600 and 2601 power heads and if there is a difference besides the color of the air cleaner cover it is not noticeable, 2601 is a cleaned up 2600 to meet higher emission standards. Both are good products in my book.