1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New start-up in progress

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by owneroppie, Jul 4, 2008.

1. owneroppie

owneroppie LawnSite Member

Hello all

( First post here )

Currently own a bread route that is being split in two and then selling 1 part of it. I have a lot of time left in the day and decided to start a lawn service company. Plan to run solo for a while.

Just finished buying my equipment listed at the bottom. I know it is late in the season but I should manage to pick-up some accounts. I have been reading a lot of the information here and it has been very helpful.

Thanks to all who contribute with their knowledge ! ! ! Extremely helpful

Do plan to offer quality service and will charge for it. Already running one business, so I understand the expenses involved (especially fuel).

I will be looking into insurance next week but if anyone has a good company in NJ or even a national company, please reply with info. I do want to obtain some commercial accounts. On top of basic liability insurance and workers comp, is there anything more I should look into?

Again, thanks for all who contribute their information and experience. I have found Lawnsite.com to be a great tool.

Thank you