1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New start-up money

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by racer56, May 20, 2007.

1. racer56

racer56 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

We are thinking of moving to a different area. This would of course force me to start all over getting customers and such for a new lawn business. I'm thinking about becoming bigger if we move so I would need to purchase some equipment as soon as it becomes needed as well. I would like to get 1 52" Wright stander, 2 more trimmers, another trailer(not sure enclosed or not) 1 more back pack blower and some more small hand tools.
    The biggest expense is going to be all the advertising money spent changing markets. I have good credit myself but don't want to really dent my debit to income ratio by getting a personal loan per say unless I have to. What is the easiest and best way to get the money? I'm looking for around 40k to get things going.
  2. umbach

umbach LawnSite Member

save it up in cash first
  3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Get a credit card with 0% interest and use that for start-up. It won't be the full 40Gs but it is a start.
  4. racer56

from Kansas

I guess I was referring to a personal line of credit at a bank or maybe a SBA loan(don't know a thing about).
  5. racer56

from Kansas

I ran into the bank today but didn't have much time. They said I could get a personal loan but a SBA loan is a pain in the rear. I feel my skils are better served in sales for the company so I need money to hire folks to help with the work. I have no doubt at all in my ability to find good work but finding the work and doing it all at the same time as many of you know is tough. I see our company at 10 strong workers in season and down to 2 off season. Just need some working money up front. I thought about refy on the house but we are looking to sell it so hardly the time to do that. I think we have 25k we will be able to pull out of the house when we sell but most if not all will need to go to the next house:hammerhead: .