NEW Stihl 2-stroke trimmers - FS 94 RC and FS 240 R

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by genesis215, Aug 21, 2013.

1. genesis215

genesis215 LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.stihlusa.com/WebContent/...ls/fs94-string-trimmer-instruction-manual.pdf

It looks like Stihl has come out with a new small commercial-grade 2-stroke trimmer that is not on their website yet, the FS 94 RC. It is 24.1cc, 1.2HP, 10.2lbs. Not sure what driveshaft it has, flexible, solid or hollow.

http://www.stihlusa.com/WebContent/...240r-260r-brushcutters-instruction-manual.pdf

The new model to replace the legendary FS 250 R is the FS 240 R. It is 37.7cc, a whopping 2.3HP, and much heavier than the FS 250 R, weighing 14.6lbs.

I wonder how these new models will do in the field. Time will tell I guess. It's not good to see that these two new models have no mixture adjustments on the carburetor.

Anyway, what do y'all think about them?

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Interesting, but I think I'll take my FS 250 over the 240. There's no replacement for displacement.

3. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

It's about time.

The industry has been craving for an FS 85 replacement for years.

Kudos to Stihl for keeping the weight down and ditching the stupid fuel caps.

4. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Well, I see the manuals listed in Stihl USA, but they aren't listed in the product lineup, not even in the new products section. They have been out in Europe for a while, along with several useful tools that they can't ship here yet due to the stupid a holes at EPA/Whitehouse.

5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Well, I see the manuals listed in Stihl USA, but they aren't listed in the product lineup, not even in the new products section. They have been out in Europe for a while, along with several useful tools that they can't ship here yet due to the stupid a holes at EPA/Whitehouse.

At our open house this past spring the Stihl rep told us that the smaller one would be an FS92, so now I'm wondering if this is it, or this is still a European model that is listed in the manuals for Stihl USA, because there are several other machines also listed that aren't for the US market, at least not yet anyway.

6. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Wondering what the price of that FS-240R 2-stroke will be...?

7. HudsonBrosLawnCare

HudsonBrosLawnCare LawnSite Member

I can't wait to try one of those FS 94's out!

8. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

Porcupine Lawn and Snow LawnSite Senior Member

Are those the new loop handles for Stihl? I hope not cause I don't like that shape too much... I thought there was supposed to be an FS92 R not an FS94 R??

9. HudsonBrosLawnCare

HudsonBrosLawnCare LawnSite Member

The handle looks the same to me... :confused:

10. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

Porcupine Lawn and Snow LawnSite Senior Member

Look on the second link for the Fs-240 manual... Its like a curved D almost?? :)