1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New STIHL Autocut C 25-2 "EasySpool" trimmer head?!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vibe Ray, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Any1 try the new STIHL Autocut C 25-2 "EasySpool" trimmer head. Looks a lot like the autocut 25-2, but beefier w/ a twist. You're supposed to be able to feed the line through the eyelets into the newly positioned "locking holes?" and just turn the bump head (which is now notched) and the new design guides it onto the spool properly without ever having to dismantle the head! I just got one to try it out but have not tested it yet. Any1 know if these last as long as the originals?
  2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

The autocut head is a piece of cake to respool imo, I see no need for change...guess stihl thinks differently.
  3. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I also have one. Never used it though.. its still in the box in the trailer.. I looks like it works well though..
  4. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

I just picked up a FS100RX today and I already hate the auto cut head.

Its old school IMO.

The best head on the market was...(dont know what they offer today) was the Tanaka Brain head.

No bump auto advance.

My line keeps getting to short and I have to rethread the line....not completely re spool.

Im thinking of giving this to my dad and stealing my old Tanaka back....:realmad:
  5. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

Now I remember why I didnt search out a Tanaka dealer. They dont have a brain head anymore and have gone back to the old school bump and grind deal.
  6. scagboy227

scagboy227 LawnSite Member

yeah it is a very good design
  7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I feel the same about the 25-2 head.
    I'm totally satisfied with it.

But of course, Stihl had to have an answer to Shindawia's new speed spool head.
  8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Can someone post a pic of the Auto Cut. The ones i have on my two sthils is very hard to get the line out in taller grass.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

You should have the same 25-2 AutoCut head that I have.
    I've never had a minutes trouble out of that head.
    No feeding problems, nothing.

They do need a solid bump to feed line out though, which I like.
    I hate sensitive heads that run line out by accident.
    I can always find something to tap on, even if I have to use my own toe.

The line I use is very strong though. So I don't need to advance line very often anymore.
  10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I use a strong line too. But i do have trouble in high grass along a very long fence line. Taping the head on the fence is no option. I like the older heads on my huskys.